Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Drunken Red Velvet Cupcakes ~ DELICIOUS


Like I said, I got some Pinot Noir wine and made these delicious cupcakes! It was my first time making them from scratch, and a not box mix. These turned out surprisingly good!

I used a sandwich bag to pipe on the icing, again, my first time attempting that.

The batter was runny, I scared myself with it - but as you see below it turned out fine and is super moist. I ate my first one with a spoon, because it was still warm and sticky.

The icing, was fun to make, I made a little of a mess, but it was fun!

I didn't have two tablespoons of red food coloring, only make a half teaspoon, but the wine overpowered it and created this purple color!

* While creating from the recipe below, when it says to combine the dry ingredients, it mentions baking powder, but in the ingredients, it's not listed. I just added the same about of baking powder as soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment